Friday 30 October 2015

Responsive Studio Brief 1: Individual Practice

We have just started our new module Responsive. In the first actual lesson for this subject our class was split in half and we were put in a room with some illustrators. The Responsive module is basically about how we as individuals dissect briefs and go about tackling them. Now at the start this sounded pretty simple to me. But after this lesson I realised that when I personally am set a brief I usually just skim over it and go right into it without fully understanding what it is exactly the brief wants from me. We were given two examples of briefs we as animators or illustrators could be set...



Then we were asked to work in a group and figure out the following...


 As you can see my sheet is rather lacking. I feel his is partially down to the briefs themselves. They were not good, in particular, the BBC brief. The brief set by the WPP seemed very ethical as it was with the purpose of trying to get 33 million girls into school whereas the BBC seemed to be setting us a brief that was just about promoting themselves to young people aged 15 to 24. Either way they both were not briefs I would pick myself but still I felt the session was very informative because these two briefs took a lot of reading and re-reading to actually discover what it was  they were asking of us and showed me that the briefs we are set by the uni have actually been far simplified down compared to other briefs you might get in the business. 

No comments:

Post a Comment