Tuesday 6 October 2015

Character and Narrative: Strike a Pose Part 2

So now I had the reference photos I was ready for the second part of the Strike a Pose task which was to basically use tutor Matt's custom Maya modelled character and mould him to illustrate each emotion presented in each photo.

Below are the five photos I decided to work from alongside the Maya character expressing that emotion...

Anxiety



Anger



Pain



Surprise



Confusion



As a task I really enujoyed this one. Acting has always appealed to me, even though I'm not very good at it, but I've always jumped at the opportunity to do any performing. I was also amazed at how quickly I was able to pick up modelling in Maya because beforehand the prospect at not only having to model a Maya model but to also actually make it convey an emotion seemed incredibly daunting at first. But looking back I feel each image represents the emotion successfully. Now I'd love to learn how to colour and light the characters to just make them stand out better.

No comments:

Post a Comment