Saturday 10 October 2015

FINALLY Getting to Grips with Maya

To give you some context, up until a few days ago I still hadn't figured out how to move the camera in Maya so the prospect of actually building a 3D character with the software was daunting to say the least. Thankfully, tutor Matt's on line demo's were a huge help to me and was in fact, exactly what I needed. Whenever I used to be shown how to do things in Maya in the classroom I found that I was usually unable to keep up and would end up half giving up. But these tutorials were the answer to my problems and now, as I'm talked through every step I feel I am gradually picking it up. Don't get me wrong, it's been a very slow process, in about six hours I've only managed to build the 3D characters pelvis and torso when the demo of Matt building these parts of the character equate to around half an hour. But to me the time it's taking isn't really a big deal because I feel if I were to go back and do all this again I would be able to twice, if not three times as quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment