Saturday 17 October 2015

Taking Inspiration: Mood Board

Too much inspiration?


When it came to putting our ideas onto paper for what we wanted to do with our animation, I feel Matt and I wanted very similar things. We both have a lot of shared interests anyway in the kind of things we watch so that made things a lot easier anyway. But still I felt it would be useful to put everything I personally took inspiration from to develop this animation on a page not only for my own benefit to to also help him understand what kind of tone would be good for the animation in my opinion and he can do the same for me.

As you can see my mood board covers a wide range of different things but I feel each and every one can relate to our animation in some way. For example I really wanted to go for the same tone as Waiting for Godot. And I felt like the characters in our animation would be experiencing emotions and situations similar to characters in films such as Source Code and 1984 where a character feels trapped and are controlled by people on TV screens. But then The Wizard of Oz, although an entirely different movie with it's tone and characters can relate to our animation as well. It centres on three characters who have become comfortable in their own lives yet are still unfulfilled and desire a greater meaning to their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment