Friday 16 October 2015

UV Mapping

UV Mapping is where I ran into trouble. I had no trouble separating the limbs but when it came to unfolding my mesh that is when my mistakes were revealed to me. I was following Mat's tutorial and I could see that my net looked nothing like his, I had gone wrong somewhere. Luckily these errors were relatively easy to fix once I had found the errors but I did find actually figuring out where the errors lay was the hardest part.


As you can see the above image basically looks like a cut out of a character, and that is essentially what it is. Even though the process of unfolding my character was tricky and incredibly intricate I was amazed at what this software could do. Once I had my net I imported it onto Photoshop and that was where I could pretty much draw whatever I wanted onto it to give the character an interesting design.


Once that was finished and I was happy with my design I could then import this newly decorated net back into Maya to be printed on top of my model.


I did have some trouble importing my image onto my model initially as I wanted the actor Steve Buscemi's (featured in the above image) face printed on the models face. but this ended up looking blurring and just plain wrong. This could be down to how neatly I modelled the face in the first place. Therefore I decided to instead print the image on the character's stomach.  

No comments:

Post a Comment