Friday 16 October 2015

Creating a Skeleton

Creating a Skeleton for my Personal Character Model in Maya was far easier than actually modelling the character. It was basically a case of building a virtual skeleton so when it came to animating the character it would simply be a case of moving the joints, not the model itself. I rather enjoyed this process compared to the others and was amazed at how fleshed out my character is starting to look. The tricky part of this step was naming and grouping everything together.

I feel I do now know how necessary it is to name and group everything as I go along, even if little things like naming the joints in each finger seem to dull to care about. There was just one little issue I didn't notice when constructing the armature and that was that part of the left arm was disconnected but I solved that by rebuilding.

No comments:

Post a Comment