Tuesday 6 October 2015

Telling Tales: Introduction

So we were given a new brief called Telling Tales where we basically had to partner up with anyone in the class of whom we would spend the next few weeks planning out and producing a minute long animation based around one of a variety of words. Matt and I chose the words 'Leap of Faith' to be our chosen subject of our animation. Now this sounded fairly simple, but of course, this is second year, and I had a feeling before starting this year that nothing was going to be that simple. And of course, it wasn't; we had to produce a minute long animation but it had to be produced entirely in Maya.

Now Maya is most definitely not one of my strengths and although I could pretty much avoid altogether in first year, I knew there would be no way out this time around. And frankly, it's a very important piece of software that any one studying animation should at least know the basics of.

Matt and I know a little bit about how to use the software but I think its fair to say we are are beginners. Therefore we both decided to not dwell on the Maya situation too much but instead concentrate at first on what we both know we do best; idea generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment