Wednesday 4 November 2015

Character Modelling: Rigging and Creating the Controls

So, I feel like I am picking up and learning Maya relatively quickly. In comparison to a month ago where I literally knew nothing there has been a massive change. Where I am at right now is currently in the middle of the long process of rigging my character, as in Matt's model. It is going well considering how much I have struggled with certain aspects of character modelling in the past. I have built a skeleton for the character and now I am connecting the joints to the body almost like to me if you imagine a skeleton being given it's muscles. And as I am picking up the process of rigging I am starting to enjoy Maya more and more as it's looking more and more like a real character so I can see how much work has already been done.


Don't get me wrong, it's still a very slow process but even the slow parts, I am enjoying. The idea of grouping and naming everything I create E.G. 'left arm' sounds like it could be tedious but I am even enjoying that because I know it's all about keeping organised so there is less threat of becoming entirely lost later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment