Sunday 22 November 2015

Adding Controls to my Personal Maya Model

Okay, the skeleton is complete, now it's time to add controls!

The process of building up a Maya model reminds me of what it might be like to build an actual human being. First you mould him, then add a skeleton, then add muscles. And that is basically what I'm doing now.

As with the skeleton, this process was relatively straight forward but also allowed me the freedom to add my own creativity as I knew mine and tutor Matt's controls would not look too similar as they have to fit each character.

One creative decision I made was to not give my character eye controls. I felt if I could avoid it I wouldn't waste time on anything unnecessary and since my characters eyes are just black balls I felt giving them the ability to look around would just be kind of pointless.

Now the controls are complete the next process will be orienting the controls with the skeleton and then I will be close to giving my character physicality.

No comments:

Post a Comment