Sunday 22 November 2015

Adding a Skeleton to my Personal Maya Character

It should be noted that adding a skeleton to any Maya character is far easier than anything of what's come before in the creating a character process or what is to come. I had virtually no problems with this stage which I am glad to report. Of course I looked to my Maya model that we had modelled after tutor Matt's to get an idea of how to insert a skeleton into our own models. But, I was aware that the physicality of both of these models are not entirely identical...

My Maya Model...



Tutor Matt's Maya Model...



So, I knew I wasn't going to be able t replicate this process exactly as I had done before which you know what, is no problem. I might complain about struggling with Maya a lot but looking back I have learnt a great deal. But the most important thing I feel I have learnt is yes I can follow the tutorials but a great deal of working with Maya is simply about applying common sense. If I look at something and feel it doesn't look right, it's up to me if I want to change it. Because of how complicated the software is to me I often forget that in fact there are no 'right answers' when it comes to using Maya, and the same is applied to adding a skeleton.

This is the stage where I could totally use my common sense to create something imagining what it is going to look like performing physical actions.


So, it doesn't exactly look like the average human's skeleton but luckily it doesn't matter, all that matters now is ensuring that all the joints are going to work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment