Tuesday 24 November 2015

Modelling Scenery

Now that both mine and Matt's models were complete we were ready to animate. But there was just one last thing... scenery. Of course we needed scenery but luckily for us, our set was going to be incredibly simple, as it is just the basic Maya template grid. But we did want to have a random assortment of objects darted about so they had to be modelled. Since time is of the essence we knew we could not spend to much time on anything that was not essential to the final animation, so we decided to only give ourselves a day to work on this.

We assigned each other a few objects to build and then set to work.

First I built a pencil...



The pencil was incredibly easy to model and I could apply the modelling skills I had learnt from modelling two characters so it was no problem at all. I used a photo of a real pencil as an image plane just to make it look as realistic as possible.



I also inserted a little Easter Egg in there for good measure. It might be slightly unnecessary but I feel it does show a certain attention to detail.



Then I modelled a Fire Exit sign which was even easier as it is literally just a UV mapped square. So I felt to challenge myself I would Photoshop some graffiti onto it. Again, not completely necessary but I like the idea that perhaps past characters that came before 54 were a bit reckless.  

 

Lastly I modelled a coffee cup. Of course the Costya logo is not entirely necessary, but I felt it would be fun for viewers to spot a play on Costa Coffee.

Now the scenery is complete it is time to animate. No, I do mean it this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment