Tuesday 24 November 2015

Personal Maya Model Complete!

It's finished. I'd ran into so many hurdles but I've finally finished modelling the character '54' for mine and Matt's animation The Void. Painting the weights was the last major hurdle for me. It appeared so simple at first but it would happen multiple times that I'd paint a few limbs then try to move them, and it would just not look right at all. In particular I had major trouble with the right leg. I had painted the left leg previously and that looked fine in motion but then for whatever reason the right leg didn't work the same, I had painted it exactly the same but it still didn't work correctly. But eventually with much re-painting, it worked. So now I have a finished model! It's ready to be animated and now I'm just excited to finally get some footage together.

No comments:

Post a Comment