Monday 16 November 2015

Modelling My Personal Maya Character

When working in a collaboration I think distributing the workload can be a bit of an issue. When it comes to Matt and I working together we kind of just want to do everything together, the storyboarding, the script etc. But I do feel like even though that's often a better technique than giving each other work and then leaving the other to do it independently, sometimes it does slow the work down, particularly because Matt and I are easily distracted people anyway, working together all the time we are likely to distract each other more.

So we decided that since we are working with two characters for our animation, that one would focus their time on one character and the other would focus their time on the other.

We are currently I'm the process of modelling our characters so we decided that Matt would model the character '1'since he designed that character and I would model '54' since I designed that character.

Here is my modelled character...


I managed to model the character in a day which to me was incredible considering when I first used Maya it took me three hours to model a simple truck (it should take around ten minutes) and very recently it's taken me weeks to mould a character in Maya. That was admittedly my first real experience with the software so I was learning if as I was going along but still I had no idea how quickly I was picking it up.

Is the final model entirely accurate against tutor Matt's model? Well no. But luckily I feel any perfections the character has gives it more character.

No comments:

Post a Comment