Sunday 29 November 2015

The Void Animation: Animating my Character Walking

I think many people will agree that animating a character walking is pretty tricky but to me it's the cornerstone of animation. Our animation doesn't involve a lot of walking but it does involve some. Luckily as I have mentioned before, when my character first starts walking, it's him learning it for the first time which is the same with me animating the character walking for the first time so it's okay if he looks slightly wobbly, in fact I feel it adds to the charm. When it came to animating the character 54 walking for the first time inspiration came to me from how babies walk for the first time and how Frankenstein's monster walks. Upon playing back my footage I feel the character looks kind of cute but also kind of creepy at the same time, luckily I feel this adds to the animation and fits with the baby/Frankenstein theme.



Here are a few screen grabs of my character walking for the first time...







It's a bit clunky, but luckily that is intended and if it needs to be sped up that can always be accomplished in post production.

No comments:

Post a Comment