Sunday 30 November 2014

The Classical Elements: Idea Generation

To me, this is one of the most interesting briefs we've ever been set. The thought of creating an animation about one of the four elements fire, wind, water and earth is very exciting to me. But because this is an exciting opportunity I do not want to waste this opportunity with a throwaway idea. I want to animate something I feel passionate about now and I want to feel as passionately about it at the end of the project to.

I feel my last animation for 'Apply' was very character based and while I was happy with the results of that animation, I wanted to create something now that focuses less on characters, more on visuals. I want people to hopefully watch my animation, then want to watch it again because it makes them feel good. I had this sort of experience after watching the Hayoa Miyazaki Studio Ghibli film The Wind Rises.


That whole film is incredibly dreamlike. It's slow paced, and I can see why people might call it boring but to me its the perfect watch, right before you go to bed. It relaxes you with its amazing flying sequences but that doesn't mean there are no surprises, some of the scenes, particularly the flying sequences are absolutely awe inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment