Monday 10 November 2014

Gravity Falls

Gravity Falls is a show about two siblings, a brother and a sister who go to live with their eccentric Grand-Uncle Stan in the strange town of Gravity Falls. Throughout the series the pair embark on bizarre adventures and get themselves into extreme situations, often due to poorly thought out schemes (strange how similar all these animated series sound when I describe them. I guess if you find a formula that works you stick to it.) 


I really like the show because it gives us something different. The plot lines are completely wacky and I love shows that have well thought out universes. Often my problem with cartoons is that the world around the characters is given hardly any thought, it just seems to be set in two settings, the characters house and a local bar for example. But I love how in Gravity Falls the world is so large and there are so many different places that are explored in every episode.


No comments:

Post a Comment