Thursday 6 November 2014

Pixilation Research: The Hardest Button to Button

When we were given the task to create a pixiliation I have to admit I was almost completely unaware of this style of animation. It was entirely new to me, or so I thought. Then I remembered the music video for The White Stripes song Hardest Button to Button. The entire video is filmed as a pixilation. The video is directed by Michel Gondry who had worked with them on another music video for the song Fell in Love With a Girl, also an animation.



The pixilation effect is used so that every time Jack strums or Meg hits the drums the frame changes and a new drum kit or amp is created thus creating a movement. I personally love the video for the incredible inventiveness and original idea. I also love the fact that even though the band is incredibly successful the music video is relatively small and not cheap but could be made on a small budget (if you disregard the countless drum kits and amps).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment