Sunday 15 March 2015

Visual Language: Set, Series, Sequence Series of 8 Images

Moving on from the 32 drawings we had to produce, we then had to choose the most successful drawing we had created and then produce a series of eight images that explore this chosen image in a range of different ways. I feel this task was very beneficial to me because one of the key criticisms I was given was about my lack of experimentation with my first 32 images. They were basically all drawn in fine-line pen and hardly any different materials were used. This task forced me out of my comfort zone to use new materials I wouldn't normally think to go near. Below are my eight images...









I chose to experiment with my balloon image because I felt that although the drawing is very simple, this would allow me to spend more time working with materials than making the drawing look like what it was intended to be. Had I another chance to go back and do this task again I would have probably been inclined to draw a different image eight times, this is because the simplicity of the image meant drawing repeated drawings became rather dull after a certain amount of time. Even though I was happy with the resulted images and thought they were more successful than my 32 drawn images.

No comments:

Post a Comment