Wednesday 18 March 2015

Visual Language: Set, Series, Sequence 12 Images

The final part of this brief was to develop a sequence of twelve images that tell a short narrative that includes the image in our eight images task. I enjoyed this task a lot more than the previous task, this is because it allowed me the opportunity to work with character and story, something of which I believe my skills are more tailored to. Below is my sequence of twelve images...




Basically if you didn't understand, the story I came up with is about a balloon going through an existential crisis. It doesn't know where it belongs in the world. It looks around and all the other balloons have other purposes. Some balloons are filled with helium and entertain younger kids by floating around in mid. Other balloons have the purpose of getting teenagers high on laughing gas. But this balloon was born with only air in him. Suddenly, he's grabbed from the floor and untied. He then whooshes around the room making a loud humorous noise. Everyone, kids and adults alike look away from their balloons and share in the few seconds of joy they get from watching this crazy little thing zoom around above them. The balloon is ecstatic with excitement, he's gone from no one caring about him, to everyone loving him. But his air eventually runs out and he glides to the floor, his life purpose has been for-filled.

I felt this task was rather successful and the feedback I received was largely positive. I also feel that working with different materials helped to bring the sequence to life whereas I feel it would have appeared far flatter had it just been done with fine-line pen. Below is the feedback I received for my twelve images...

No comments:

Post a Comment