Wednesday 11 March 2015

Maya Modelling: Do It Yourself

So after we had been given instructions on how to create a truck on Maya, we now had to go off and do it out ourselves, meaning we had to create our own 3D object without any instructions. This 3D object also had to be based on an everyday object, so I decided to create a 3D Spongebob Squarepants.



I felt this character would be an easier object to model because he is basically just a square shape and most his features could be made out of simple cube shapes. When it came to building the 3D object I found it far easier than creating a truck. I feel this is because I had already struggled through creating a truck so had learnt the basic controls.


Overall I am happy with my final 3D model. I feel he basically looks recognisable, but compared to the top image there is something definitely off about my creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment