Monday 9 March 2015

Visual Language: Form, Flow and Force Part 2

Since we had finished the brief Form, Flow and Force first we were given the opportunity to expand on what we had already done by creating more drawings. As a group we came up with the idea to draw quick poses but this time with two people as the subjects.

Pair Poses





Most of the above drawings apart from the last were drawn in around 5 to 10 minutes. I found the experience very interesting but also very difficult. Not only did we had to make sure the dimensions and proportions of one subject were correct, but we also had to do that with the second subject and make sure both subjects make sense together. For example, one subject could not be much bigger than the other.

Various other drawings

What was good about this session was that we had finished the set task so were pretty much given free rein to do whatever we wanted with our poses. Below are drawings I created that have been created in various amounts of time. I cannot tell you exactly how long I spent on each drawing but most of them were very quick 10 to 20 second drawings. 





Even though I was admittedly far less enthusiastic to do another session of intense drawing after squeezing all the set drawings we had to do into one big session, I really enjoyed this second session. This was because of the free rein we were given and that I could apply the new skills I had learnt from the previous session.

No comments:

Post a Comment