Friday 31 October 2014

Illustrator Induction

Above are the results of my first Illustrator induction. As you can see it was a struggle to say the least. I have always been slightly stubborn to use the program. To me the pros about Illustrator never outweighed the cons. Yes you could zoom in an infinite amount of times and the image would never become pixelated and yes it makes lines and shapes smoother. 

But as someone who likes old fashioned pen and paper drawing I've always hated that it corrects a line you've drawn, maybe I don't want to be corrected. 
Anyway after my attempts with drawing outlines, next we had to fill in our drawings with colour. Little did I know this would involve drawing more lines. In order to fill in the Totoro image (above) I had to Trace around the outer outline then I could fill in this object.




Here is another image I coloured in, it is entirely experimental.

No comments:

Post a Comment