Thursday 30 October 2014

Pose to Pose Experiment: Fish Animation


We had to create a second Pendulum animation. We were pretty much given free reign to do what we liked with it although of course it had to involve some sort of arc in the movement. I really enjoyed creating this animation. I feel the reason for this is because I had already created one other pendulum animation and this was now my third hand drawn animation (not including the few flip-books). This experience had not made me relax more when it comes to creating this sort of animation but it had made me more confident. 

I hadn't realised how difficult even the most simplest of animations would be to create when I did my very first flip-book. I jumped right into it without really thinking about how much planning should be involved. 

Now, I approached this animation with way, way, way more planning involved. See Below...

INSERT PLAN

I wanted my animation to be more complicated than my initial pendulum animation but not overly complicated to the point where I just would not be able to get it done in a day or two. I designed a fairly simple looking fish. And then decided to create an animation about a fish that jumps out of a fish ball. I tried to use squash and stretch as much as I could through squishing the fish down when it gets ready to push itself out the water and nears the top of the curve and stretched out when the fish nears the end of its dive.

INSERT PICS OF FISH SQUASHED AND STRETCHED


No comments:

Post a Comment