Saturday 11 October 2014

Story-boarding Hey Diddle Diddle 2

On the second day of story-boarding my nursery rhyme I found the process a lot more slower than the first time around. I feel the reason for this was because it felt like performing something for someone that's completely improvised and out of the blue, and then that someone asks you to do that thing again exactly the same again this time on camera. Yeah, maybe you could do it again and it be better a second time but the excitement and enthusiasm you had for performing that thing the first time round might have gone.

This was definitely the case story-boarding my nursery rhyme the second time around. Originally the whole idea for my storyboard came from a joke about the spoon and the dish being crack addicts and I had written it very roughly and very fast almost in the style of someone high on cocaine, not really thinking about whether what I was doing made any narrative sense or even if it would work as an animation.

Now it was like I was approaching the same storyboard and recreating it but this time sober. It just wasn't the same and by the end of the day I had only finished four images.
 The above image took a particularly long time because I wanted to make it look as accurate as possible through the use of vantage points. I stopped using these vantage points after this image because a) they took way too long to do and b) in this first shot we get the perspective of the viewer looking in a room, all is quiet and boring. Then our off-his-face antihero bursts through the door and from then on we see everything through his messed up eyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment