Tuesday 19 May 2015

Maya Modelling Do It Yourself


I felt like even though I struggled immensely with the Keep On Truckin' studio task, i felt that the skills I had learnt would aid me with the next study task that allowed us free rein to create an everyday object, but essentially it could basically be anything. I decided to make a model of the cartoon character Spongebob Squarepants. I felt like this would be a good subject to model as he has a simple boxy design with relatively few smooth edges which meant I could essentially make him up with custom cubes.

The results were well, okay. I mean, it's recognisably the character although the design is fairly lacklustre. But I have to say it was a lot faster to create than my truck so I definitely feel like I am getting better at using the software.

No comments:

Post a Comment