Tuesday 19 May 2015

Applied Animation Development: Audio

A friend from back home got in touch with me aboiut the possibility of collaborating on a project together. He goes to Leeds College of Music and knew I went to Leeds College of Art. I felt this project would be the perfect opportunity for this collaboration so contacted him back. I told him what the subject matter was and that it couldn't be too joyful. But saying this, I didn't want the animation to be too dark and depressing, that is why for the visual look I incorporated lego bricks (typically thought of as a fun past time associated with happy childhood memories) so I felt the music should match this tone.

Unfortunately due to the pressures of his own work, Tom didn't end up having the time to put something together for me. This was completely understandable as I too was aware of how work can pile up and take over your time. Had I done this project again I would have contacted him sooner. But due to time constraints I didn't get around to contacting him until the last week we had to work on this project. This meant I had very little time to find an alternative track to use.

I ended up using the song Paradise Circus by Massive Attack.


I felt this song was the perfect choice as it definitely isn't a song that is particularly uplifting, yet it also isn't too dark. The last thing young people want to hear when their already feeling depressed is a song that is very dark so I knew I needed to avoid this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment