Monday 18 January 2016

Responsive: Loop De Loop Sisters, In the beginning...

Whoa I've been gone a month! How time flies, well we've got a lot to catch up on, let's get started. For the module Responsive we had to pick three substantial briefs set by real outside sources and then basically do them. Admittedly I had trouble initially finding three briefs that both interest me and would be satisfactory to submit. But one of the easiest choices and BY FAR most popular was Loop De Loop. This website every month states a theme and then literally anyone can submit a looping animation about that theme. Other fellow classmates had made Loop De Loop animations in the past so I had always been interested in making one myself but just never had time. But luckily having this brief was the perfect motivation for me because it meant I had to make the time. Furthermore I felt the theme of this moth which is 'Sisters' was a far easier theme to tackle than last months which was 'LOL'.

So the idea for my animation came relatively quickly. Lauren gave me the idea for my animation upon telling me a story about when she had once gotten so mad at her sister that she tried to crush her head between her hands. I then developed this idea further by then deciding that the sister would succeed in exploding the other sister's head. But then she would feel guilty about it, grab a vacuum cleaner and vacuum up her head parts before turning the vacuum cleaner from 'suck' to 'blow' and aiming it at the top of the other sisters head before having it reform itself. Then once the other sister's head is completely re-formed she then precedes to annoy the other sister again and the animation loops.

Unlike previous animations I have made recently this animation doesn't really have any depth to it whatsoever so that makes a nice change. Furthermore I have no real desire to colour any of it apart from maybe the annoying sister's head parts so that should save me a great deal of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment