Wednesday 27 January 2016

Applied Animation: Untitled Documentary Animation Project - Research - Setting Sun by The Chemical Brothers

I feel at this early stage in the project we are definitely not all going to be thinking the same thing for how exactly we all want your animation to turn out. It will take time to figure out exactly what each of us likes and dislikes but I think at this early stage it is incredibly important to decide on a tone we want to go for. Once we get the tone right and we all know what tone we want for the animation I feel everything else should fall into place easier. But it is that tone we need to figure out first.

A big piece of inspiration for me with this project that I feel captures the tone of what we're going for is The Chemical Brothers music video for the song Setting Sun.


The music video is absolutely insane with it's mad visuals and fast paced chaotic rhythm. It basically follows a young woman through some sort of mad drugs trip and she is constantly surrounded by bizarre individuals and intense claustrophobic backgrounds. The video is quite disturbing and after watching it I always feel slightly nausious yet I am still intrigued by it and kind of want to experience it again, kind of like a drugs trip.




I will show this music video to Matt and Jemma because I feel that the effect that video has on me when I watch it is exactly the effect I feel our animation should have on the viewer when they get to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment