Wednesday 25 February 2015

Visual Language: You Spin Me Right Round

Because I felt my original 12 image turnaround did not meet the desired standards I decided to go back and start over with a new far less complicated image that I would dedicate more time to being more precise with.

The new object was a Moshi Monster toy measuring around an inch in height. I felt this new object would be far easier to draw accurately multiple times because unlike the original light show object that was bade up of complicated shapes such as hexagons and circles, this new object had a sort of basic round shape.

I wanted the object's proportions to remain consistent on every image so to do this I drew it's basic shape, a sort of circle with a pencil on one page and decided that if this was a real creature, this circle would be it's skeleton so the drawings I draw over the top of this circle can never out-grow or shrink inside the circle. Therefore, this circle acts as a basic guide for me to keep the size of my object consistent throughout.

Furthermore, I also changed my process of producing this twelve image turnaround by not drawing a new image from scratch every time. What I mean by this is that I always kept the previous frame beneath the frame I was working on at the time so I could make sure the proportions were right by matching them up with previous drawings.

Once I had finished my frames, scanned them in and produced an animation, I was very happy with the results. I felt the animation ran smoothly and the proportions were consistent throughout, far more than my previous attempt.




I couloured my animation which I felt really improved the animation and brought it to life. Moreover I learnt that devoting more time and being more precise with something like this where rushed work is obvious pays off immensely.




Below is my final Moshi Monster Turnaround...


No comments:

Post a Comment