Wednesday 25 February 2015

Visual Language: You Spin Me Right Round

We were assigned a new brief to draw twelve images of an object gradually turning 360 degrees. Then we would create an animation by putting the twelve images into a twelve frame per second animation. How I kept a consistency between images was by placing my object (a light show machine that belongs to one of my flatmates) on my coffee table. Then I placed twelve coins on the table around the object in a clock formation. Then I would draw the object facing one of the coins and turn it to face another coin going around the table clockwise.

After completing all my images I tried to put them together as much as I could on Photoshop but when I played the images back on Premiere but I have to say I wasn't very happy with the result. to me the images felt entirely inconsistent and the proportions of the object seemed to change throughout. Furthermore the light show object did not fit entirely on the page. The top of the object would extent over the top of the sheet.

Examples from my object turn around...





I would now like to go back and re-draw another twelve image object turnaround, but this time I feel it would be beneficial for me to start over with an entirely new object, one that is not nearly as complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment