Sunday 8 May 2016

Applied Animation: Creating the Final Storyboard Part 2

Essentially, all the story-board panels have been drawn from reference. This is due to the fact that referencing in this case is too easy not to do. The entire duration of the animation takes place in Leeds College of Art, where we are everyday working. So I figure referencing for every storyboard panel is very important to create a higher standard of drawing that aides both Matt and Jemma so when it comes to animating it is as clear for them as possible where it wouldn't have been had the drawings been very scrappy.



Obviously I don't want to draw the story-boards exactly as carbon copies from the reference material, it is not very creative and would become incredibly dull to animate. So that is why I insert my own made up elements. For example in the above panel, I have made Matt look a lot rougher (as this is five years down the line of intense animating) and I have also inserted a tally (representing the many, many, many days spent animating).

No comments:

Post a Comment