Friday 6 May 2016

Applied Animation: Creating the LAV Part 1

So I'd drawn out a very detailed storyboard that had every framing of every shot taken into account with descriptions of what is going on in each scene. I felt this was very important for this project because it was not the first time I had ever collaborated as I'd worked with Matt previously, but it was the first time I had collaborated with two other people on a project. Especially as my role as director I felt it was very important that everyone knew exactly what they were doing and as long as we were all happy with what direction the project was going in, it would be completely planned out.

I wanted to achieve the idea that if some random person picked up our pre-production work they would know exactly how to go about animating this thing. Clarity is key. Now, the final storyboard I felt was very successful as basically working as a blueprint for our animation, but there was one factor I could not take into account with the storyboard and that was timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment