Sunday 8 May 2016

Applied Animation: Animating Begins

So all pre-production work had been done, admittedly we were pretty behind schedule and a lot of the pre-production work had carried through to when I had starting animating which of course slowed the whole process down a bit, but anyway.

The first clip I decided to animate was the kettle pouring water scene, why that scene in particular? Because I knew it would be complicated and wanted to get it out the way, although I felt like it would at least be interesting to animate and of course this isn't just about producing an animation, the development process is also about improving our individual skills as animators. So this scene would test my skills at animating objects with smooth edges and also my skills at animating water which I feel any animator would feel is the one of the hardest things to animate.

Animating this scene was a challenge although my job was of course far easier with access to reference footage. Furthermore I felt like it was important to colour all the frames, this is because it will make the documentary look more professional and also because rarely in the past have I actually coloured the entirety of any of my animations, this is mostly down to poor time management.


No comments:

Post a Comment