Sunday 8 May 2016

Applied Animation: Animation Continues with a Walk Cycle Part 2

Now the side view walk cycle proved to be incredibly easy to create. The reason for this is because I had already created a nice flowing walk cycle in the past when I made a Loop De Loop animation. It flowed very nicely and was a very small part of that animation so I felt like it would be a great time saver to use this footage as a reference and simply draw my character over these frames.


Now the really complicated part of this animation process was transitioning smoothly the walk cycle of Max walking side on into Max walking towards the camera. This had to be done very subtly like he literally steps into it. When watching the footage back I feel overall it looks very smooth although he does float when the transition is happening, luckily I feel the actual animation is smooth enough that the viewer may not automatically notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment