Wednesday 13 April 2016

Responsive Collaborative: Gathering Inspiration and Idea Generation

I know Laura very well as we've lived together for two years and I also feel like I understand how she likes to work and the sort of work she likes to produce. But I still felt like it would be beneficial for both of us to produce mood boards of not only art we like but art that we like that could inspire the brief.

This is what she produced for me…


I really liked her mood board of art that she likes. There are many reasons for this; firstly, I really liked that she included a WWF campaign poster as not only does that relate to work she likes but it also highlights her enthusiasm for conservation issues. Furthermore she also included work that she had created herself (the Cinderella illustration), this was very beneficial for me because it gave me an idea of what kind of her work we could incorporate into our collaborative work. And finally I also liked that she included Graphic Design artwork which I suppose is a given considering she is a Graphic Designer but it was also enlightening for me because I really do know nothing about Graphic Design as a medium and was excited to see if into the project I may learn more.


Her mood board of imagery relating to the brief was also very useful to me. I had thought that initially it would contain more art of fish and other things relating to the brief but I like that she went about in a different way than I had expected and found direct imagery. The part of this board I find the most beneficial to how we can go forward with the brief is the diagram of all fish that are protected by the MSC and this gave me inspiration for what creative direction to take our video in.

No comments:

Post a Comment