Wednesday 8 February 2017

Extended Practice: Meeting with Leeds College of Music Students

Meeting with the Leeds College of Music students was an incredibly rewarding experience. I felt that at the time the meeting was scheduled for us I was quite lucky in that I could go to Leeds College of Music with a full storyboard prepared. Of course I knew I was in the minority in that I had been developing my storyboard quite in depth very early but it did give me some confidence that at least I could go with a fairly strong idea of the type of music I wanted for the animation. 

The Leeds College of Music students were incredibly passionate and enthusiastic. This filled me with a lot of confidence as during the few hours I was there I had a good few music students approach me and after talking through my storyboard they all expressed interest. 


The student I felt showed the most interest at the time was Markus who carefully listened to every detail I gave him about the animation. He said he was very interested in the idea and keen to collaborate. I listened to some of his music and really enjoyed it. Obviously collaboration is made slightly trickier when you both go to different universities but I have the confidence that we will be able to work closely to produce the best music for the animation. One of my flaws with collaboration is that I am often not too clear with expressing exactly what I want out of a project. And the same occurred here when I was quite vague describing what I wanted from him. 

At this stage though I am quite open to other people adding their own ideas. I do have quite a particular idea for what I want the final outcome to be, yet, in terms of music I can't say that at this stage I know exactly what I want the music to sound like. It would be great if he surprised me with something I felt enhances the animation that I had not thought of before.

No comments:

Post a Comment