Wednesday 10 May 2017

Extended Practice: Putting my Animation into a Festival

I've only just started looking into festivals to put my animation into. The reason for this is because I have been pretty much entirely focussed on finishing the actual animated footage. But of the ones I have looked at, Manchester Animation Festival looks like a good choice to place my animation into.



As you can see they are holding their yearly film competition where they will be accepting student films. Now I want to be slightly careful as to which festival to place my animation into. The reason for this is because some of the subject matter in my animation is not child-friendly and I'd say my target audience is more mature. But what I like about Manchester animation Festival and why I think it's the ideal festival to showcase Cops and Daughters is because it has a massive range of different types of animations, some child-friendly and some definitely not. Yet, there is little similarity to the student films, they are all incredibly diverse with no set style. It's not like they only accept 3D or only accept 2D, therefore I think it would be welcoming to my animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment