Monday 12 January 2015

Elements Animation Development: Soundtrack

The Soundtrack featured in my animation is the song We Want To Be Different by the artist Guts. I was at a bit of a lost of what to do with my animation's soundtrack. I wasn't that fond of the idea of incorporating sound effects. This is because I was making a time-lapse animation and time-lapses I've seen in the past haven't tended to incorporate sound and if they have they have usually been music over the top of the footage.

I use Spotify a lot for finding new music to listen to so I created a new playlist entitled 'Potentials for Elements Soundtrack' and began adding music I felt would fit the footage. Eventually I came across the song We Want To Be Different by Guts and after I had added eight songs to the playlist I was certain that song was not only the best of the bunch but would suite the animation the best. I felt the animation needed a soundtrack, but nothing that would distract away from the actual animation so it needed to be relatively subtle but still add to the animation.

I bought the song on I Tunes but the artist has not given me permission to use his track for commercial use so I will not be using the animation to profit in any way as I understand the rules of copyright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2iTqbsbmS0

No comments:

Post a Comment