Wednesday 7 January 2015

Elements Animation Development: Final Push

Starting 9.30 am, I worked for pretty much 22 hours straight in an effort to complete my animation. It was apparent to me from the start of the day that I would not be completing the colouring. I knew that quite a while ago. But I knew we would be showing our final animations in the final group critique Tuesday. But when I began my day of placing the remainder of the frames I had finished into the right format, I was informed that I had been producing my final jpegs (frames) at a file size that was way too large. Instead of the desired format (72dpi), I had been developing my jpegs at 300dpi which was too large to be put into a video file.

So, after much figuring out we eventually realised that file sizes could be altered by using the 'Edit Multiple Files' tool on Photoshop. This tool was fast and reliable, meaning I could focus the rest of my time on drawing the remainder of my frames. Initially the remainder of my frames were going to be a close up shot of the girl's legs, now aged around 20, walking into frame, picking up the now ragged looking teddy. Then a mid shot of the girl from the chest up holding and viewing the teddy. But when it got to around 12 pm I realised I would not be able to do both in the remainder of time I had left. So I kept in the legs shot (of which I felt better served the story).





At around 4.00-4.30am I finally finished my drawn leg frames. I scanned them in, altered the contrast on Photoshop, altered the dimensions of each frame then placed them into the Adobe Premiere. Once I had all the final clips together I added the title Matt had come up with 'Swinging Through Time' and rendered the final animation. Completed: 7.30 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment