Sunday 4 January 2015

Elements Animation Development: Designing the girl aged 19

I needed to figure out what the older version of the girl was going to look like. I new i wanted her to resemble her around 10 year old self as she is now 19. But in a way i don't want to make it too obvious, she needs to look a lot older and a lot more mature but subconsciously we're looking at the same girl. 

I hadn't thought too much about her appearance age 19 until on the train I spotted someone who instantly clicked with me that that is what the girl would look like age 19. So I sort of discreetly drew a rough sketch of her and then I used this rough sketch as the inspiration for our 19 year old comparison.

INSERT GIRL ROUGH SKETCH

I felt like it was very important that I put both the designs of the girl aged 10 and aged around 19 along with the teddy bear in the same image standing beside each other. This way I could get the sizes right. I decided to do this midway through the sequence in which the girl places her teddy on the ground. 
The hand of a 10 year old girl places the teddy on the grass at the start and then the hand of a 19 year old girl picks it up at the end. The change in hand sizes needs to be obvious so we can obviously tell someone much older has found it again after many years. 
                   
With the girl aged 10, the girl aged 19 and the dog teddy standing side by side we can easily see how big age 19 girl's hand is in comparison to the dog teddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment