Friday 14 April 2017

Extended Practice: Presentation Screening of Work so Far

Feedback of my Extended Practice animation progress thus far I think went rather well. At this stage in the project, there wasn't a whole lot we could feedback to each other other than 'just do it'. For me I received pretty much the same. Admittedly, in the case of my progression, I am behind on schedule. But in a worst case scenario it was reassuring to know that worst comes to worst, I just need to have completed the shots that are essential to the narrative.

I was advised by Oscar that I should holt my progression and focus on not animating the more complicated shots first, but instead concentrate on animating the most relevant shots. For example, shots with key action in them that carry the story. Furthermore, he advised me to animate the shots that are not so successful at communicating the narrative, not that these shots let down the story, but how I've visually communicated them in the storyboard/animatic is perhaps week and could benefit from me animating them. If I do this with all shots in my animation that are like this then I would at least have been able to communicate my story. However I am still aiming to finish all the shots in my animation by the Extended Practice deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment