Tuesday 31 January 2017

Extended Practice: Turning My Initial Storyboard into an Animatic

At this point I could place every shot of my storyboard into an animatic. Sadly, this did not initially turn out particularly successfully. One of my flaws as an animator of which I am trying to get better at is timing. I found it very difficult to figure out the timing of a shot when I literally just have a drawing to look at. For example, in one shot, the cop is playing cops and robbers with his daughter and runs from one side of the room to the other.


Figuring out the timing of this shot is difficult because I want all the movements and physicality of the characters to be realistic and when I tried timing this shot the first time, Oscar gave me feedback stating that the shot was too quick. But I felt like in order to create an animatic with realistic timings, I needed to use reference. This is when I decided that it was essential for me to create a Live Action Video of all the shots acted out by real people and edited together in the same way I would an animatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment