Tuesday 31 January 2017

Extended Practice: Creating an Initial Storyboard

At this point in the development process I had pretty much entirely figured out how the narrative of my animation would play out from beginning to end. But right now, this only existed in my head, I needed to turn it into something physical. I had most the shots planned out in my head so creating a storyboard was essential in making these shots concrete. Developing the initial storyboard took around a week and after sketching the shots out roughly in my sketchbook, I then placed each jpeg into the online storyboarding website Boords.




As you can see, my initial storyboard was incredibly rough and loosely put together. There is also text to describe the actions. At this stage I really just wanted the characters to successfully express the emotions they should be feeling at the time and figure out the shot framing. 

Upon completing the rough storyboard, I placed all the jpegs into Boords. Boords is a really great website to use for storyboarding as it is simple yet clear and the layout is easy to understand. Due to the fact that I was able to move around shots easily and delete and add them wherever I liked, I was able to better figure out the flow of my animation. Whereas when I was just working in my sketchbook I was becoming increasingly confused as the layout was looking more and more messy.



No comments:

Post a Comment