Sunday 9 November 2014

The Life and Times of Tim



The Life and Times of Tim is an adult animated HBO series that revolves around Tim, a normal guy who frequently gets into bizarre situations. With only three series,the show has been off the air since 2012 but to me it remains memorable due to its humor and style. The animation is incredibly basic. The characters rarely move at all apart from their mouths, I can't remember actually ever seeing any of them walk.



But even though the characters look rigid and paper-thin, I never found it boring to watch. I liked the style because to me it fit the tone and added to the comedy. In fact I don't think it would have been anything like as funny if the style was more 3D for example. It's like to me if something like South Park was drawn in a much more dynamic and complicated way it wouldn't work to me because the reason both these shows work is because they can get away with such crudeness because they are so crude.

No comments:

Post a Comment