Thursday 6 November 2014

Pixar's Up

So last night I watched Pixar's Up which I've seen before once, but watching it a second time confirmed for me that it is a masterpiece. To me Pixar have made a good few masterpieces, Toy Story 2, Monsters Inc, The Incredibles etc. but the thing I feel about Pixar movies is (and this is what I heard from a movie talk show) is that Pixar doesn't make kid movies, they make kid friendly adult movies. What I mean by this is that there are plenty for kids to enjoy in these movies but the themes are often very adult.




For example the above two screen shots are from the opening of Up and can be considered very adult with the themes of what these two characters, Elly and Carl go through throughout their relationship. I wont ruin how it ends but I find it almost impossible not to cry at it. I think much of the stuff that happens in these movies, particularly the opening of Up might go over the younger viewers heads but the reason kids don't get bored is because there is so much for them to enjoy such as hilarious gags and engaging characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment