Wednesday 5 November 2014

Storyboard Research: Lilo and Stitch

The storyboards of Lilo and Stitch are to me incredibly poignant and beautiful. I know drawing on Disney is a common running theme in my blog but if there is ever a studio that's better at pulling at the heart strings than Disney, I have yet to see it. I love the illustrations, particularly for artist Chris Sanders (Lilo and Stitches director and character designer) unique style. 

 

Its different to Disney's traditional style, so you would think that in a Disney movie his style might be somewhat lost. But Sanders manages to keep the movie completely his own. It was only a couple days ago that I was advised to look at this artist's work and since then I have become incredibly interested.



I love how you can look at the above storyboard and it’s almost like if you've never seen the movie it doesn't matter, the storyboard is like a nice picture book in one of itself. It still tells a story and doesn't need to rely on captions below it.

No comments:

Post a Comment